Monday, January 27, 2014

Work Out Music

So I've been working out three times a week, way too early in the morning--like 5:30 AM. Trying to run 2-3 miles while still waking up is a little difficult. I've never really listened to music while running, but right now it's a must. And it's just a personal preference, but I really don't like the high tempo weird aerobic music, or heavy rap. I need less fast, less swearing and more of a steady pace. So what music do I listen to?
This was my playlist today--the playlist that helped me run an extra ten minutes, battle through ten minutes of intensive uphill-treadmill action, and stay awake without tipping over with exhaustion.

1. Dog Problems by The Format
It's the perfect song to start warming up--starting slow but gaining speed while keeping up the beat. It just also happens to be a really great song.

2. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
Not only is this the best song in the world, it's also really great to jog to. Whenever I hear this while I'm working out it kind of makes me want to burst out into song. (You should also listen to the cover by Sleeping At Last. Not a great workout song, but a beautiful song.)

3. Everlasting Light by The Black Keys
Let me be your everlasting light
The sun when there is none
I'm a shepherd for you
And I'll guide you through
Let me be your everlasting light


4. My Generation by The Who
It's just so good.

5. Bad Kids by Black Lips
Happy songs really do make you run faster.

6. No Church In The Wild by Jay Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean
I take back what I said about rap. Anything that's on the Gatsby Soundtrack is a-okay by me. 

7. Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding
This song doesn't even have that fast of a tempo, and it's not what I usually listen to, but it's the only thing that keeps me going when I feel like I'm going to die.

8. Pursuit of Happiness by Lissie
I AGAIN take back what I said about rap. Lissie does this Kid Cudi song justice and I know it swears but it's the BEST to listen to when you're jogging and trying to cool down.

9. Vagabond by Wolfmother
Oh girl I don't know all the reasons why,
I found the answer lookin' in your eye,
I go out walking all day long,
Take away this lonely man soon he will be gone,

Cause I'll tell you everything about living free,
Yes I can see you girl can you see me,


10. Cruel by St. Vincent
I found St. Vincent in my Rock in Roll History class and I've never been the same.

What are some of your favorite work out songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment