Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wedding Bells.

So since I'm getting married in April, I am of course all over Pinterest looking up colors, dresses, accessories, etc. I got engaged back in September and have changed my mind countless times. From a woodsy theme to a Gatsby theme, from pastel colors to bright colors. But I'm a strong believer that your wedding should reflect the love you share--not the latest wedding trends of 2014. So I started thinking outside of the box and it's really hard to try to capture the essence of the relationship sometimes (unfortunately for wedding planning his favorite things consist of movies that begin with "Star" and computer-geeky things) BUT I'm lucky enough to have a very easy going fiancĂ© who supports every phase of the wedding planning, and I really wanted to capture the love we have. The theme of our wedding is basically an old fashioned tea party, with romantic quotes from old novels, famous love letters, and tea cups galore. I. Am. So. Excited. 
My inspiration? 
 
A few Christmases ago my mom bought me a book capturing the most beautifully written love letters of all time. Since then, I'm obsessed with writers and their love. Seriously nothing is more beautiful than Zane Grey's letters and John Keats. I burst into tears. 
Poetry is always, always beautiful. 
Jane Austen themed. Holy cuss I died over these pictures. 

I am such a fan of tea cups ever since I saw an Alice in Wonderland themed party. So whimsical and refreshing. 
My mom will be making my cake, which means so much to me. I hate fondant and the huge cakes that take weeks and weeks to eat. This cake is beautiful and simple and I love the use of wild flowers. 

I saw these boots on Pinterest and immediately wanted to be transported into the Victorian Era. From October to April I am only ever wearing boots. So I only thought it was natural that I had to have an old fashioned wedding shoe....which is why I took a whole week and finally found these. And I bought them and they fit perfect and I could cry. 

And these are our colors. Emerald and gold are the main colors (with an added hint of black) and blush and mint are in the details. 
Obviously I can't speak about my wedding dress, because Dean will read this. But it's so beautiful and elegant and timeless. I have never worn anything so beautiful. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm dying. So beautiful! Weddings should reflect your love! DON'T DO WHAT EVERYONE ELSE TELLS YOU TO DO! Your wedding day is YOURS and yours alone...well Dean's too, but just remember that. Stick to your guns. Okay I'm done. Oh man...so excited for your big day.

    ReplyDelete