Thursday, January 30, 2014

God has given me a challenge.

I have never been one that has patience. Never. Once I get an idea into my head, it must be done right then. It can't wait a week, two days, or even an hour.
But right now patience is the only thing I have and the belief that God knows and understands my feelings and is strengthening me. I am unable to take things into my own hands and all I can do is wait and try to grow my patience. 
But somedays I get angry. I get sad. I cry. And then I forget. And I have to believe and know that God is merciful, understanding, and loves me. Which can be really hard to grasp when you're undergoing a challenge. It's easy to know, love, and understand the gospel when things are going perfect in your life. It's not so easy when you feel as though the devil has been sitting on your back, waiting for you to crumble. 
But that's why we are given tender mercies, a good book to reflect on, and prayers that go straight to Heaven. 
God is good and God is love. 

| "Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something and doing all that we can--working, hoping, and exercising faith; bearing hardship with fortitude, even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!" --Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment